Parking Area

I cannot keep the camper in my carport forever so I made a little parking space to the left of my house. 

Again - I am inpatient so at first I tried to attach the metal rings to my neighbors fence and the side of my house. The wind ripped them right off. So I erected some posts in cement like I should have done to begin with. Also pictured is Heidi who supervises all my work.

                                                    

Next I attempted to build a gate. At first I tried to make a 10 foot wide gate. It fell apart - that is just too wide to be stable in the TX wind.


So I made two 5"gates and that worked much better. Same with the canopy I attached the two gates to the fence and the side of my house. Again the wind ripped them right off - taking some of the siding with it. I then erected more fence posts like I should have done to begin with.


Still leaning. Still sagging. Sigh. This is such a pain. I even bought ground brackets (MTB Fence Post Anchor) to set the posts with. Back to the drawing board.


Thanks to my friend Petros the camper is safely in it's new parking space. I ended up securing the leaning posts with chains and ground stakes. It seems to be working well for now.


The gate I had to re-set the two posts in concrete (with rebar this time!) and they also seem to be working well. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Lower Cabinets

Lights

Complete!