Dinette

For the Dinette I liked the idea of it being able to convert into a bed (like this guy did on YouTube) and also with storage underneath the seats. 

First I made a rough outline of where I wanted the seats to go.


Then I cut up some extra 4 x 4 fence posts that I wasn't using. I made them 18 inches long. 


I am obsessed with Pocket Holes so I drilled 4 lower and 4 upper 1/2 inch pocket holes in each leg.

I used 3/4 inch MDF board for the seats - they were 18 x 20. I left a 1/2 inch ledge on each seat facing the table for the bed conversion.


3/4 inch Tabletop was 27 x 20. Fit perfectly! 


I added an extra fold up piece to make this longer using these brackets from Amazon.

The table leg I bought from Amazon and required a 2.5 inch recess in the floor. It is sturdy-ish. I will need to add a bracket connecting the table to the wall to make it more solid.


Voila! Dinette!

For the cushions I used some cheap foam mattress topper from Walmart and cut it to the size I needed. I also doubled it so it would be more comfy.


I then placed the cut and folded foam inside the cushion covers (thanks mom!) and left them smushed with books overnight.


They look great and make pretty comfy seats (and bed!)!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Lower Cabinets

Lights

Complete!