Step 1 - Buying the Cargo Trailer

I'm the kind of person who always needs a project. This summer - after taking a weekend hiking trip with Heidi (one of my dogs) - I have decided to build my own camper.


During the hiking trip I realized that I enjoyed it - but it was kinda pricey to do all the time. I'm not a tent camper, I need a bed! and A/C! Yes - glamping. I'm not ashamed.

The Airbnbs I stayed at were fantastic but I knew that I could not afford to do these hiking trips as often as I would like if I had to spend hundreds of dollars each time on a place to stay. The camper will practically pay for itself! Eventually...

At first I was going to build the camper on top of a flat cargo trailer. While plausible I was worried that I did not have the skill to make the structure as stable as it needed to be. So I decided on an enclosed cargo trailer!

At first I looked at a 5 x 8 x 5 but it was really small. I could not even stand up in it. While it could work I decided to go with the bigger 6 x 10 x 6 trailer. The price was actually comparable.

I bought it from Trailers Plus - they were awesome and I highly recommend! 


Now to get planning!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Lower Cabinets

Lights

Complete!