Windows

 I bought chicken coop windows - they were a quarter of the price of RV windows. They are sturdy, have a screen and a lock. They also fit perfectly snug.


My buddy Dale and I tried to install the windows... twice. But we could not get through the steel. So I called Lopez Construction - a local company here in Taylor and Juan installed them in less than 2 hours - no problem!


He did have to reinforce the front where the kitchen window is with two pieces of wood - there was too much of a hollow space there. Luckily I had some scrap 2 x 2's on hand. All the windows fit snugly. We used sealant on the inside creases of the windows when putting them in. And then clear sealant along the outside edges as well. 

I love my windows! It really looks like a camper now. 

           

On the inside there were quite a bit of gaps and hollows from cutting into the walls. I used spray foam and closed them up with 2x2's that framed the windows. Make sure you wear gloves with spray foam - it is beyond sticky. I was picking it off my hands for DAYS.

 


The curtain's will hide the 2 x 2's that didn't quite fit cleanly. 

I also made a little window box for the kitchen window as there was quite a big piece taken off there (we didn't want to remove that metal bar for structural reasons). 

Thanks mom for the curtains! I added a little hook on each side of the window to hold back the curtains during the day.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Lower Cabinets

Lights

Complete!