Kitchen Upper Cabinets & Power

The kitchen upper cabinets were a challenge to build. Not build but make secure I should say. 

I used corner braces to secure all the joints and metal plates to secure the sides. I stupidly constructed the box without cutting out the hole for the power box. Cut hole first! 

I made it work but it was not as easy or as neat as it could have been.

I mounted the cabinet using heavy picture frame mounts from Home Depot. I used two 12 inch mounts for the top of the cabinet and one 18 inch mount for the bottom.

I plan to put a divider and shelf in the upper cabinet so I can use the left side for storage after I get the power cord situation squared away.

Why are there so many different cords? Initially I thought there was only 30 amp and 50 amp. But no. There are 4 prong 30 amps and 3 prong 30 amps. There are prongs with one bent prong. Argh! I had to buy one adapter for my 30 foot extension cord and a different adapter for my 50 foot extension cord. 


This adapter connects my box to the 50 foot extension cord. And this adapter connects my box to my 30 foot extension cord.

I used this cute little door as an inlet for the 30 amp cord.

I also added a simple 15 amp inlet for additional power. I don't think it will be necessary but you never know!
Here's what the back looks like with all the inlets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Lower Cabinets

Lights

Complete!