Upgrade

Well my 21' Kia Seltos and I had a great run (it was my first ever brand new car!) but she had a hard time pulling the cargo trailer empty so I knew I would need to upgrade if I wanted to tow a finished camper.


Towing capacity on my 2021 Seltos was 2000 lbs - the 2022 Seltos is 2900lbs. Pretty much the exact same car with a little bit more power.
I even got lucky at the dealership because the car I ended up buying already had a tow hitch! Someone had custom ordered it and then decided not to buy it. It still needs an electrical hookup but that will be much cheaper than getting the whole hitch kit done.


The car salesman was very nice but his manager gave me a really shitty deal. He pretended that he was a partner with my bank and gave me bogus rates to show me that he could give me a better deal. I wish I would have applied for the loan with my bank before I went to the dealer because it was WAY better. Like more than $200 per month better. 
Normally I would have walked out of the dealer but I felt pressured to take their deal because my old Seltos was leased and they were doing me a solid by getting me out of it early. I do not recommend leasing - it was a pain in the ass and unnecessarily complicated things. 

I did talk to my bank and they said we can refinance - no problem. Relief! 

The Seltos is a really great car - I love it. It's sporty, has a lot of cargo space and is GREAT on gas mileage for a SUV. I average more than 30 mpg typically. Happy I was able to get the same car AND have camper towing capability.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Lower Cabinets

Lights

Complete!